Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ode to A Fine Lady

This little one was born some time ago: my grandfather’s younger sister, Lena. She lived a wonderful life, married a good man, had four great kids, who had great kids, who’ve since had great kids. She passed recently, ending her time here with one family, and reuniting with another. Perpetual light shall no doubt shine upon her, but boy, will she be missed. The Palanos-2She had a beautiful smile, an effervescent personality, and an energy that put gals half her age to shame (including me).

Aunt Lee, Friday afternoons, circa 1975, at your fancy small-town hair salon, will always remain dear to my heart. While waiting for my Nonni and Nonna (Aunt Lee’s sister-in-law and mom) to get all gussied up for bingo, my Aunt Lee always let me creep up to her private bathroom and select one of her personal stash of nail polishes for my mini-manicure. Here's to you, Auntie Lee. You have my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...