Wednesday, November 17, 2010

To Tweet or Not To Tweet,
That's The Question

If you're a Facebook junkie, you might think that Twitter's for the birds, as I did before I jumped in with both feet. 140 characters, all those @ signs, trends?! Confusing to someone logging on for the first time. If you're social networking solely to keep up with friends or just to see what your neighbors are up to (admit it, you nosy girl, you), then FB is the way to go, but if you're looking to spread the word about a cause, project, or business endeavor, you simply have to tweet! It's the most effective way to spread the word and learn more about your industry.

Okay, so the thought of Twitter brings about a nervous eye twitch. I get it, but relax. In my search for answers to my own questions (is it "tweeting" or "twittering" and does that make me a "tweep"?), I found a fantastic book for the newbie. The first time I looked through it, I barely knew what a hashtag was, and it had taken me three weeks to figure out how to retweet. This book made it so much easier. I loved the visuals!

Request it at your local library or go nuts and pick up a copy for yourself. And no, Tim and Sarah did not pay me for this post. When I like something, I just have to share. Next installment in my "go-buy-this" series: my steam mop. Oh, the glamour.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...